Friday, October 5, 2012

The No. 1 Enemy of Creativity: Fear of Failure - Peter Sims - Harvard Business Review

The No. 1 Enemy of Creativity: Fear of Failure - Peter Sims - Harvard Business Review: "Never once in my life until my mid 30s did anyone ever (to the best of my recollection) call me "creative." But now, I hear it all the time.

So what happened?

Well, after a traditional education, business school, and five years working in strategy consulting and venture capital, I went to a cocktail reception at Stanford's d.school, the Hasso Plattner Institute of Design, where I met George Kembel, cofounder and executive director of the school. While I cannot remember one thing that we discussed, I do remember laughing for about 40 minutes straight as we riffed on odds and ends. (I've since learned that anyone who has a sense of humor is creative.)"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Dawgen Global Firm Profile

Dawgen Global is an integrated multidisciplinary professional service firm We are integrated as one firm and provide several profession...